The Olin T. Binkley Memorial Baptist Church in Chapel Hill, NC is seeking a part-time Business Manager! The description for this position is below. To apply, please contact email@example.com.
The Business Manager will provide bookkeeping support to the Finance Committee in tracking the church’s budget and preparing budget reports. This includes providing requested information for the independent audit of the church’s finances. He/she will be supportive of Binkley Baptist Church’s mission to build a compassionate and joyful community, freely exploring spiritual paths, and pursuing justice and peace in the way of Jesus.
- Maintain church financial records electronically, including contributions, fees, gifts, expenditures, and payroll.
- Ensure that back-up copies of electronic records are created, filed, and maintained with each budget update, quarterly or more often as needed. Experience in using PowerChurch online software highly desirable.
- Assist Finance Committee in developing annual budget.
- Prepare Binkley Church checks for signature / electronic transfers by authorized personnel.
- Coordinate with Ministry Support Manager and Building Use and Grounds Committees on all building user fees, payments, and recording. Prepare monthly and annual reports for Building Use Committee.
- Maintain accounts paid ledger including verification of invoices, preparation and distribution of checks / electronic payments and posting.
- Complete monthly bank and credit card reconciliation reports along with quarterly Binkley Endowment Fund adjustments.
- Prepare sales tax refund reports for signature by Chair of Finance Committee.
- Develop proposed annual office budget.
- Review and process all requests from insurance carrier including annual workers compensation audit for Binkley Church.
- Maintain all employee payroll and benefits records including vacation, sick leave, Flexible Spending Plans, and Ministers and Missionaries Retirement Boards retirement programs.
- Assist Treasurer, Financial Secretary, Budget Director, Chair of Finance Committee, and Building Use Chair as requested.
|Education||Accounting degree, accounting certification, or equivalent accounting experience|
|Experience||At least 2 years’ experience at a church, nonprofit, or for profit organization with a budget of similar size ($750,000+) and complexity.|
|Demonstrated Skills / Abilities||· Proficient in double-entry and fund accounting, accounting, bookkeeping, use of online giving platforms such as Venmo and Zelle, and computer skills.
· Communicates effectively. Professional demeanor when interacting with church members, staff, volunteers, and the public.
· Well-organized and efficient in creating and maintaining financial records.
· Maintains confidentiality regarding pledges and contributions.