Christianity’s goal is not escape from this world. It loves this world and seeks to change it for the better.
– Marcus J. Borg
Legacy Gifts to the Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists are one way to ensure that the ministry of AWAB and the ministry of a deceased individual or closed church can continue in perpetuity.
Gifts through wills, IRAs, 401(k)s, or life insurance are exceptionally fulfilling because they offer:
- Simple implementation of your lasting charitable intent
- Potential tax savings
- Opportunity to give a significant amount because resources are no longer needed
- Satisfaction by investing in a worthy mission
AWAB has established an endowment fund, called the Rainbow Fund, to ensure the continued work of the organization. This fund is managed by the American Baptist Foundation.
Want to learn more about a legacy gift to AWAB?
For more information about leaving a legacy gift with AWAB, please contact Communications Coordinator Kurt Kaufman at email@example.com or by calling 1.888.906.2922.
Why is planned giving beneficial to the Donor and to the Recipient?
Donors enjoy flexibility in giving because they can include these types of designations:
- Percentage (such as 10%) of your estate, IRA, or life insurance proceeds
- Specific dollar amount
- Contingent beneficiary – upon the death of another beneficiary
- The residue after all other specific bequests are completed
For each of these types of gifts, donors simply need to indicate the proper legal name and location of the Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists as indicated below:
- For wills and revocable living trusts, a bequest names “Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists with primary offices located at PO Box 7834, Louisville, Kentucky 40257.”
- For retirement plans and life insurance, simply update your Beneficiary Designation form. These forms are available from your broker, plan administrator, or insurance agent. They are frequently available online.
To make a legacy gift to AWAB, indicate as Beneficiary “Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists with primary offices located at PO Box 7834, Louisville, Kentucky 40257” and the tax ID number of 27-3419574.
Previous Legacy Gifts
AWAB thanks the generous contributions of the following concluded ministries for their sustaining gifts:
First Baptist Church of Palo Alto, California
Twinbrook Baptist Church, Rockville, Maryland
First Baptist Church of Berkeley, California