The Olin T. Binkley Memorial Baptist Church in Chapel Hill, NC is seeking a part-time Director of Youth Ministries! The description for this position is below. To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To direct and lead programming for Middle School and High School age youth. The Director of Youth Ministries will seek to foster Christian community through building relationships with young people that strengthen their commitment to the church and growth in faith in Jesus Christ.
- Provide leadership for and function as the primary staff person relating to the Youth Ministry.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate activities for Middle and High School age youth that promote community through fellowship, fun, and faith development. Such activities might include Church School, small group Bible study, camps, and service projects.
- Encourage young people to participate in all facets of the life of the community of faith, including worship, choirs, Church School, educational opportunities, youth activities, Youth Camp, and service projects.
- In conjunction with the Minister of Christian Formation, research and recommend Church School curricula for youth.
- Keep current on the latest trends, methods, and materials as related to youth.
- Assist in pastoral care, with particular emphasis on youth and their families.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to work with Middle and High School age groups
- Collaborate with Minister of Music to support acolyte ministry and the youth music ministry.
- Meet regularly with Senior Minister as needed at a time mutually agreed upon.
Education: Completed or pursuing an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
– Familiarity of youth ministry in a progressive church setting
– Ability to work cooperatively with youth, adults, and church staff
– Strong communication skills, including active listening and ability to use technology and social media where appropriate
– Ability to generate new ideas and to convert them to plans
– Ability to listen well and respond to feedback
– Good organization skills