The Baptist Church of West Chester (BCWC) is seeking a part time Associate Pastor of Students who will join in the leadership of the people of the Baptist Church of West Chester in West Chester, PA. This person will serve in a supportive capacity to the Senior Pastor and will lead and coordinate a ministry for youth (6th – 12th grades) and their families so that students discover their identity as one who is loved by God and learn to share God’s love with the people in their young lives.
The Baptist Church of West Chester is an intergenerational faith community in the heart of West Chester, PA. The church is affiliated with ABCUSA, The Alliance of Baptists, AWAB, and ABCOPAD.
See more about BCWC at bcwc.org/jobs
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Associate Pastor (AP), will attend and participate in the worship service in a supportive capacity to the Senior Pastor and will lead and coordinate a ministry for youth (6th – 12th grades) and their families so that children discover their identity as one who is loved by God and learn to share God’s love with the people in their young lives.
- Focus on the development and formation of students
- Develop a program that engages a growing number of the Junior High and Senior High students weekly in some aspect of the church.
- Plan and promote all major events and weekly programming.
- Build relationships with students and families that includes:
- Knowing each student and parent/guardian by name
- Contact each student at least quarterly
- Attend student’s games or events when possible
- Personally follow up with first-time visitors within the first week of their visit.
- Equip Volunteers
- Ensure all youth ministry volunteers complete an application, clear a background check, and receive training before they serve in the youth ministry.
- Recruit, train and support a volunteer base that in involved in all aspects of the Student ministry
- Partner with the Senior Pastor in preaching planning and review through the Teaching Team. The Associate Pastor will prepare and preach 8-10 sermons annually.
- Support and attend meetings of boards at the direction of the Senior Pastor.
- Attend Church Council, Christian Education Board, and Pastoral Relations Committee meetings.
- Assist the Senior Pastor in Pastoral Care.
- Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor.
- Attend Staff meetings that are scheduled as called by the Senior Pastor.
1. Experience: Experience working with youth and their families and organizing volunteers in Christian ministry preferred.
2. Competencies & Expectations: The AP must have a strong personal faith in Jesus Christ, agree with the mission and core values of BCWC, seeking to live as a disciple of Jesus Christ; have a passion for ministry; possess strong interpersonal skills and relate well with children, families, volunteers, and paid staff; be a team player and a leader; be a good organizer and effective in delegating tasks to volunteers; seek continued personal and professional growth; and have knowledge of American Baptist Church Life / Theology.
Resources & Training Provided:
Ongoing continuing education opportunities and annual Safety & Abuse prevention training.
Performance reviews will be given annually. These reviews will be conducted by the Senior Pastor in coordination with the Staff Relations Board and Christian Education Board.
Vacation & Sick Time:
4 weeks (Sundays) paid & 3 weeks (Sundays) unpaid. Unpaid weeks are extrapolated and deducted from regular payroll over the course of the year.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.