Pastor and Spiritual Leader – Position Open Until Filled (Posted 10/5/20)
(Please send cover letter and resume to churchoffice@
Williamsburg Baptist Church in Williamsburg, Virginia is seeking a full-time pastor and spiritual leader. We are searching for an energetic leader who values social justice, is welcoming and affirming, is able to recruit and maintain new members, willing to develop and lead a regular adult learning group (Sunday School), can deliver inspiring, motivating and meaningful sermons, is able and willing to establish personal ties through private outreach with both members and guests, and is grounded in Christian theology while generally understanding and respecting other faith traditions. The Pastor shall have an active involvement with planning and leadership and will encourage people to become involved and to use their gifts in the support of our ministries.
A successful Pastor candidate should have the talents and experience to encourage and help church members and staff to:
• Propose, implement, and evaluate Bible study curriculum which includes an inclusive vision for children, youth, college student, and family ministries. It should be relevant, future oriented, and confirmed, social justice minded faith formation.
• Develop, and provide resources, for faith strengthening experiences while ensuring the systems and procedures for the safety and welfare of all participants are understood and followed.
• Review and recommend technological and curriculum resource opportunities for ministry, worship, and Christian education, to include virtual worship experiences.
• Consider development of a contemporary service in addition to the traditional Sunday service
• Develop programs to enhance community outreach including events that focus on attracting and empowering families for ministry.
• Implement the WBC strategic plan.
• Assist in budget preparation and assist in stewardship efforts.
• A person of inclusive Christian faith who adheres to the Vision and Mission of Williamsburg Baptist Church.
• Bachelor’s degree in education or religious studies (or equivalent).
• Three years’ ministry experience in a small to medium sized congregation environment (75 – 400), including leadership with children, youth, family ministries, and program formation.
• Proven ability to work within church leadership structure.
About Us: We are a welcoming and affirming family of faith. We believe that learning and action are two essential aspects of our worship. Williamsburg Baptist church was formed in 1828. Although we have had declining membership for several years, we have faith that with strong spiritual leadership we can grow our church family and embark on new opportunities to serve Christ and the community around us.
We are affiliated with several associations including the Alliance of Baptists and the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. See our website for more details: www.williamsburgbaptist.com While small in number, we are a church with a big heart and desire to share God’s love with the World.