The First Baptist Church of Peoria, Illinois is seeking a Youth & Children Ministry Resident to add to their staff! For more information and to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting was updated March 8, 2023.
For a PDF with a flyer and the below job description, click here.
Under the supervision of the Executive Board and the Senior Pastor, and in partnership with the Board of Christian Education, the Ministry Resident is responsible for positively investing in children and guiding them on their spiritual Christian journey. Assist the Senior Pastor with pastoral care duties. Work to help FBC Peoria grow into an inclusive, vibrant, missional Christian community. The below
Principal Duties are intended to represent an overview of the role and is not an inclusive list of tasks.
Lead Children and Youth Activities
- Assist the Christian Education Board in the scheduled children and youth ministry events (i.e. Sunday school classes, Trunk or Treat, etc.)
- Work with the Christian Education Board to recruit, organize, lead, and resource Sunday School leaders for the children and youth classes
- Develop a Children’s Worship Program, focused on children fourth grade and under
Partner with the Board of Christian Education to implement the program to include worship and prayer, to be held in the chapel during Sunday service each week
Be a present and active leader in worship or children’s worship each Sunday morning and at all major church events
Long term goal: transition program to be led by church volunteers, while continuing oversight of the program
- Organize and implement events that allow children and youth the opportunity to mature in their faith
- Ensure that events coincide with one another and that they reach out to various children and youth at different stages of their faith journey
- Reach out to students that have found themselves, purposely or not, on the fringes of our faith community
- Visit students and student family members in the hospital or in their home
Pastoral Care Responsibilities
- Visit church members in the hospital and in their homes
- Preach during Sunday morning or special services as deemed appropriate by the Senior Pastor
- Assist with other elements of Sunday morning service or special services (examples: leading communion, baptism, prayers, etc.)
- Ability to maintain records, document activities, support requests and expenses, and provide a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrate a Christ-like lifestyle, character and conduct in personal and professional life
- Support the Church’s overall mission and identity to be an inclusive, missional, loving Christian community
Policies and Compensation
The Children’s Ministry Resident shall be a Seminary graduate, be available to work full time, in person, at First Baptist Church in Peoria IL, follow all church policies, and work under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor and Executive Board.
Compensation will include an annual salary of $41,000, an annual allowance for health insurance and housing of $5,000, and consideration will be given for limited relocation assistance if requested.