Broadway is excited to announce that we are hiring a Ministry Intern to join our church staff. We are seeking interested and qualified candidates for a paid, multi-year intern position which provides persons with real-world pastoral and church leadership experience. The position is ideal for seminary/divinity students who feel called to ministry in a congregational setting.
This position is being funded by a generous gift from Broadway members. Since these types of church opportunities are often limited for women, LGBTQ persons, and persons of color, special consideration will be given to these candidates in the application and selection process.
Position responsibilities are estimated at 20 hours per week. Applications are being accepted through April 15 with the position scheduled to start in the summer of 2023. Click the link below for the full job description or to complete the interest form. Interested persons can also access and submit the form on our church website.
Broadway members are encouraged to share this job opening with friends and contacts who may be qualified candidates.
Link to candidate interest form: https://broadwaybc.shelbynextchms.com/…/7d0fa48f-e447…
Brief Description of Position:
This position is a part-time, paid service-learning opportunity for divinity/seminary students. The ministry intern is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of Broadway’s Young Adults ministry, assisting the Pastor staff in the development and coordination of Wednesday night programming, and planning and participation in other young adult activities and ministries.
- Oversee quality educational programming and pastoral care for the young adults Sunday school class
- Develop curriculum and serve as the primary teacher for the young adults
- Recruit and train volunteer leaders for young adult’s ministry
- Build relationship with and provide pastoral care to Broadway young adult members and visitors.
- New initiative – research and recommend and implement plan/program for a new, sustainable Outreach ministry in one or more of the following areas:
- Millennial and/or Gen Z engagement
- LGBTQ inclusion
- Racial diversity
- Near Southside Community engagement
- Assist the Pastoral staff in Wednesday night worship/educational programming development and implementation
- Attend regular Wednesday night worship/educational planning meetings
- Assist in the leadership of Wednesday night programming
- Teach and preach on Wednesday nights as is appropriate
- Assist in worship planning and leadership
- Attend weekly worship planning meetings, as able
- Serve in worship by leading the congregation in public prayer, readings, litanies, etc.
- Preach in the 10:50am service annually and at other times and services as is appropriate
- Perform administrative activities to ensure efficient and effective ministry implementation
- Attend staff meetings as able
- Attend Ministry Team meetings as able
- Coordinate with related ministries on various programming
- Meet regularly with appropriate Pastoral staff to plan and review programming/ministries
- Bachelor’s degree
- Current, recent, or anticipated enrollment in seminary/divinity school
- A sense of vocational call to ministry – particularly ministry in a congregational context
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and nurture appropriate relationships with young adults and other congregants
Hours: 18-20 hours per week
4-5 hours for Sundays
3-4 hours for Wednesdays
3-4 hours for meetings
3-5 hours for new initiatives