The Central Baptist Church in Wayne, Pennsylvania is seeking a half-time interim pastor! The job description is below. To apply, please email (as attachments and/or web links) application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Interim Pastor (half-time)
Central Baptist Church (CBC) of Wayne PA is seeking an Interim Pastor. The person called to this interim position in ministry will continue a vibrant and progressive tradition of pastoral partnership during a transitional period in the life of the congregation. Building on a history of pastoral partnership dating back for over 30 years, the Interim Pastor will work with CBC’s current pastor and an active and growing in-person and online congregation.
As a welcoming and affirming congregation that believes in the radical inclusiveness of God, CBC members come together from all walks of life as a faith community of various ethnicities, religious backgrounds, sexual orientations, and gender identities. Our members and our faith-in-action teams partner with a variety of organizations, including POWER, Interfaith Hospitality Network, the Main Line Martin Luther King Association, and Jitokeze Wamama Wafrika.
As a congregation of the Philadelphia Baptist Association, CBC includes members from a broad geographical region, one which has expanded both throughout and beyond the United States as we have added online opportunities for worship, education, meetings, and fellowship.
- Commitment to working in partnership with current pastor
- Exceptional skill in preaching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with and commitment to the focus and mission of the American Baptist Churches USA as a member of the Philadelphia Baptist Association, Alliance of Baptists, Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists, and Baptist Peace Fellowship of North America
- Affirmation of the Covenant and Code of Ethics for Ministerial Leaders of American Baptist Churches
- MDiv degree from a seminary accredited by the Association of Theological Schools
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a pastoral position
- Share with current pastor in leading Sunday morning worship services, including preaching (usually twice monthly)
- Share with current pastor in pastoral care and outreach to newcomers and the local community
- Participate in the administration of CBC, including attendance at Cabinet and other meetings
The Interim Pastoral Partner will have ample opportunities to add elements to the role congruent with their interests, talents, and passions.
Salary and Benefits Package: Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- Resume, personal biography, and personal statement of faith (the biography and statement of faith can be combined)
- One or more select video or audio recordings of a sermon, class, or other teaching/speaking endeavor
- Names and contact information for three references
The successful candidate will be required to submit background certifications, including child abuse clearance, criminal history check, and fingerprinting.
For more information about CBC, please visit our website at cbcwayne.org. Questions should be addressed to the Interim Pastor Search Committee at email@example.com.