- This event has passed.
Strengthen What Remains: Queer Apocalyptic Hope
September 26 @ 4:30 pm MDT$15
STRENGTHEN WHAT REMAINS: QUEER APOCALYPTIC HOPE
A Lecture Presented by AWAB
Monday, September 26th, 6:30 PM
at St. Luke’s Missionary Baptist Church
1600 Norris Ave., Charlotte, North Carolina
Lecturer: Rev. Dr. Cody Sanders
The age in which we are living and dying is one of myriad endings and edges. The planetary climate, the political climate, the composition of our everyday lives and communities are all filled with possibility and peril. Christian faith traditions hold a resource of visionary potential for living at the edges of life and the endings of the world as we know it: apocalyptic imagination. This lecture will explore the potential of holding together three concepts – queer, apocalyptic, hope – known to cause trouble and provoke revolutionary imagination, asking: What potential does queer apocalyptic hope offer to faith communities to awaken us from our captivity to the status quo, sustain us in cultivating communities of compassion and justice, and nurture our capacity to “strengthen what remains and is on the point of death” (Rev. 3:2).
– Name recognition during the event
– 3 complimentary registrations (in person or online)
– A free copy of the book by the annual lecturer
– 3 free copies of the book by the annual lecturer
– Acknowledgement on AWAB’s website and in the Welcoming Spirit newsletter
– 15 complimentary registrations (in person or online)
– 10 free autographed copies of the book by the annual lecturer
– Acknowledgment on AWAB’s website and in the Welcoming Spirit newsletter
To sponsor, select the sponsorship option in the registration form.