The University Baptist Church in Charlottesville, VA is seeking its next Associate Minister for Music & Worship! A job description is below. To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
God has called University Baptist Church (UBC) to minister to the University of Virginia Community and to the residents of the Greater Charlottesville-Albemarle Community, serving as agents of Christ’s love and justice for those in need and offering a vital family of faith. This Associate Minister will be responsible for leading the music ministries of UBC. This will be a full-time position and requires an engaged/enthusiastic “people person” with an innovative/creative spirit. UBC has long had a reputation for a strong music ministry and has had a choir for college students for over 48 years. The new minister will build on this established foundation and expand the music ministry. The congregation and staff are committed to making music a signature program of the church.
- Lead the music ministry to greater spiritual growth and technical proficiency.
- Lead Jubilate, the collegiate choir.
- Plan, participate in, and lead in Sunday morning worship.
- Communicate regularly with the congregation about the music ministries.
- Engage all members of the congregation in worship and music ministry.
- Develop personal, discipling relationships with the congregation, especially participants in the music ministry, through visitation and time spent together. Mentor others in methods of discipleship.
- Enlist, equip, encourage, empower and evaluate those desiring to become involved and those currently involved in music ministries.
- Encourage and facilitate student leadership in all areas of music ministry.
- Work with the other ministers in a collaborative environment.
- Relevant graduate education such as a seminary degree or a degree in church music
- Education in choral music, degree preferred, and experience in church music required.
- A feeling of God’s call to minister at UBC, a welcoming and affirming church.
- An innovative, creative spirit and enthusiasm for music and worship.
- Willingness to relocate to Charlottesville area.
- Willingness to commit to be part of the ministry culture of UBC (details available here).
- Competitive salary range, based on experience. Relocation package available.
- Health insurance and retirement contribution; paid vacation and sick leave.
- A nurturing and creative culture
- Email a cover letter, resume, links to videos of some of your work, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait patiently. We will respond to you.